Pages

Monday 19 March 2018

Have you been to Waitangi?

Kia ora everyone, today I will be presenting my recount on going to Waitangi to see the prime ministers speech and other stuff. Enjoy my piece of writing!


It was a warm,sunny Monday morning on February 5th, me, my sister and Rena where driving to Waitangi. I was so excited to see the prime minister do her speech at Waitangi. A short while later we had arrived at Waitangi, there were truck loads of people there. So then we parked up and waited for the school to arrive.

Shortly after that the school had arrived so we walked hover to them  and joined up with them. I went with my class and my sister went with her class. After that me and my class went to see the powhiri for the prime minister.

A few minutes later me and my class were there at the powhiri and  right away I shouted out “I see the prime minister!, I see the prime minister!”

A few moments later I saw Kanoa Lloyd from the Project. When I met her she was one of the nicest person I have met. After that Some people from my class got interviewed from Maori television. After some people got interviewed My and some people from my class  said “Kia ora Jacinda” on Maori television.

Finally the prime minister started her speech. She was talking about her childhood and her memories going to Waitangi as she was a kid and some other things. When the prime minister finished her speech the whole class went down to the waka area. When we got there my step mother Rena and my sister Sarah-Jane were walking down to the waka area. After that we all went home. I was so exhausted at the time I could almost drop and fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.