Pages

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Plastic bags are harmful for the environment.

WALT use language features of persuasive writing

To be successful I will:
Use rhetorical questions to make my writing interesting
Use emotive language (words about feelings/emotions)



                          Plastic bags are harmful for the environment.

I strongly believe that plastic bags are harmful for the environment. Do you agree?  


My first reason is that plastic bags are dangerous to animals. Say if there were heaps of plastic bags around animals and they ate it they will choke and die. Won’t that be tragic? added to this, plastic bags are non biodegradable which means that it cannot rot down like other things can rot down. So it’s bad for the animal life. Would that be devastating to people if animals die from plastic bags?  No you would you be heartbroken.


My second reason is that plastic bags are made out of petroleum. Petroleum comes out of the ground. People use big drills to drill it out of the ground. Let’s not get off topic. So, petroleum is the same as petrol, it's dangerous if swallowed and toxic to aquatic life. Would you want all aquatic life to die? No because it would be tragic if aquatic life die from plastic bags?  


My third reason why is that it’s pretty much everywhere. Say if there were dozens of plastic bags in your house get rid of it, it harms the environment. Added to this we will be plastic bag free so that it can’t harm the environment. Do you want plastic bags around you and everywhere? No that would be disgusting.  

In summary  I think that plastic bags are harmful for the environment is that it’s dangerous for animal life, it’s non biodegradable and it’s made out of petroleum which is harmful to people and to aquatic life.   

3 comments:

  1. Hi this is Saskia from Waikoiwhai Primary School and I agree with you. I think it would be better if we just used tote bags instead of plastic bags because like you said they are harmful to the planet and do kill most marine life. I think you could also work on using smaller words that are easier to read though. Please visit my blog http://wpssaskiac.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saskia, I just want to say that you had a thoughtful comment and I appreciate it but when I try to look up your blog it says access denied. I think your blog might be private i'm not 100% sure. but I liked your thoughtful comment.

      Delete
  2. Hi this is Conrad from Waikowhai Primary School.I agree with you 100% with your writing.I think that it is bad for the environment and bad for the animals.I think you need to work on your sentences because some of your sentences didn't make sense and I do not want the animals to die too.Here's the link for my blog http://wpsconradb.blogspot.co.nz/

























    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.